The School-Parent/Guardian Compact is a written agreement that outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help the students achieve the New York State high standards.
The Colonial Village Elementary School and the parents/guardians of students agree that the purpose of this compact is to communicate a common understanding of home and school responsibilities to assure that every student attains high academic standards leading to a quality education.
This school-parent compact is in effect for school year 2009-2010.
The school will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the students to meet the New York State student academic achievement standards.
- Provide parents/guardians with assistance in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments to help monitor their child’s progress.
- Provide parents/guardians with frequent reports on their child’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide reports as follows: report cards (3 times a year) and monthly Academic Intervention Service progress notes (if applicable).
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between parents/guardians and teachers. Specifically, the school will provide this opportunity through parent-teacher conference day(s). Additional communication is at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
- Provide and maintain a highly qualified teaching staff.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment.
We, as parents/guardians, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Ensure that my child attends school daily and arrives on time.
- Encourage my child to follow the expectations and regulations of the school.
- Monitor my child’s homework.
- Stay informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school promptly by reading all notices from the school or district either received by my child or mail and responding, as appropriate.
Attend parent-teacher conferences and participating, when appropriate, in discussions relating to the education of my child.
I, as a student of Colonial Village, will share the responsibility to improve my academic achievement and achieve the State’s high standards in the following ways:
- Attend school regularly.
- Complete and turn in all classroom and homework assignments on time.
- Show respect for others, the property, and myself.
- Make a consistent effort to do my best to learn and seek help if I need it.
- Resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Give to my parents/guardian all notices and information received by me from my school or district every day.
School, Parent/Guardian, Student Responsibilities
Together, we the Colonial Village community, will work toward the following:
- Maintain and achieve high student expectations.
- Improve student academic achievement.
- Build and develop a partnership to assist the children of the community in achieving high academic standards.
Please review this compact with your child. The contents of the compact may be discussed with you during a parent-teacher conference as it relates to your child’s school progress.
Thank you for your support and involvement in your child’s education. If more information is needed, please contact the school office at (716) 215-3270.
I have read and discussed the contents of the document with my child as it relates to his/her education in the Niagara Wheatfield Central School District.
Student Signature_______________________________ Date __________________
Parent/Guardian Signature ________________________ Date __________________